The Most Incredible Thing is the score for the 2011 ballet of the same name, based on the eponymous 1870 fairy tale by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen. It contains music written and performed by Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe of English synthpop duo Pet Shop Boys. The album was released in the United Kingdom on 14 March 2011 by Parlophone.
Unopened item may come with a hype sticker which reads: THE MOST INCREDIBLE THING. The complete ballet score performed by Pet Shop Boys with the Wrocław Score Orchestra conducted by Dominic Wheeler. Orchestrations by Sven Helbig 5099907169229. Cover illustration by Farrow. Mixed at Acton Marina, London. Orchestra recorded by Teldexstudio Berlin in the Concert Hall of Polish Radio, Wrocław, Poland.
The Most Incredible Thing. Soundtrack album by Tennant/Lowe. 14 March 2011 (2011-03-14). The following year Javier de Frutos was chosen as the choreographer and Matthew Dunster wrote a scenario for ballet ("a map for music"). Tennant and Lowe composed most of Act One in autumn 2008 and the rest of the score in 2010. They approached Sven Helbig to write the orchestrations.
Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe release the music for their first ever full-length ballet, The Most Incredible Thing, on March 14 through Parlophone Records. The ballet is a collaboration with choreographer Javier De Frutos and Britain’s leading contemporary dance theatre, Sadler’s Wells. Based on the Hans Christian Anderson story of the same title, it runs at Sadler’s Wells in London from 17-26 March 2011. The album is released worldwide (international release dates vary slightly), including a simultaneous USA release by Astralwerks. Production is by Pet Shop Boys and Sven Helbig and the album was mixed by Bob Kraushaar. Artwork design is by Farrow/PSB based on an original paper-cut by Hans Christian Andersen. The Most Incredible Thing. Performed by Pet Shop Boys and the Wrocław Score Orchestra conducted by Dominic Wheeler.
Battleship Potemkin by Tennant, Lowe. View all albums . By: Tennant, Lowe (2011, Electronic).
Tracklist: CD 1: 01. Prologue 02. The Grind 03. The Challenge 04. Help Me 05. Risk 06. Physical Jerks 07. The Competition 08. The Meeting 09. The Clock 1/2/3 10.
Listen to The Most Incredible Thing by Pet Shop Boys - a new album (release date: March 22, 2011) @ New Releases No. Tennant and Lowe composed most of Act One in the autumn of 2008 and the rest of the score in 2010. The music is a combination of electronics and orchestra. They approached the young German musician Sven Helbig to create the orchestrations, and at the end of 2010 they were recorded in Poland with the Wrocław Score Orchestra conducted by Dominic Wheeler. The score comes on the heels of the group's Grammy nominated album Yes. Artist Site Released: March 22, 2011 ON Astralwerks. Tags: Alternative Electronic New Wave Synth Pop.
Listen to The most incredible thing in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
|1-09||The Clock 1/2/3||5:47|
|1-10||The Clock 4/5/6||4:01|
|1-11||The Clock 7/8/9||6:24|
|1-12||The Clock 10/11/12||6:29|
|2-01||Back To The Grind||5:19|
|2-02||The Miracle - Ceremony||1:48|
|2-03||The Miracle - Revolution||2:45|
|2-04||The Miracle - Resurrection||2:17|
|2-05||The Miracle - Colour And Light||3:00|
|2-06||The Miracle - The Meeting (Reprise)||2:00|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Pet Shop Boys Partnership Ltd.
- Licensed To – EMI Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Pet Shop Boys Partnership Ltd.
- Licensed To – EMI Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Published By – Cage Music Ltd.
- Published By – Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd.
- Mixed At – Acton Marina
- Recorded By – Teldex Studio, Berlin
- Recorded At – The Concert Hall Of The Polish Radio
- Pressed By – TAKT – 2100002984440
- Pressed By – TAKT – 2100002984457
- Artwork [Original Paper-cut Of The Cover Illustration By] – Hans Christian Andersen
- Composed By – Tennant/Lowe*
- Concertmaster – Bartek Bober
- Conductor – Dominic Wheeler
- Contractor – Joris Bartsch Buhle
- Copyist – Dietrich Zöllner, Jan-Peter Klöpfel
- Design, Art Direction – Farrow*, PSB*
- Edited By – Tobias Lehmann
- Engineer [Protools Engineer] – Tom Russbueldt*
- Engineer [Sound Engineer] – Tobias Lehmann
- Illustration [Cover Illustration] – Farrow*
- Liner Notes [Booklet Scenario & Background] – Tennant/Lowe*
- Lyrics By – Tennant/Lowe*
- Management – Angela Becker
- Management [Press] – Murray Chalmers PR
- Mixed By – Bob Kraushaar
- Orchestrated By – Sven Helbig
- Performer – Pet Shop Boys, The Wrocław Score Orchestra*
- Piano – Andreas Gundlach (tracks: 1-04)
- Producer – Pet Shop Boys, Sven Helbig
- Programmed By – Chris Lowe, Pete Gleadall
NotesComes in special book-like casing.
The 20-page booklet (which is part of the packaging) includes a synopsis of the ballet and background information.
Unopened item may come with a hype sticker which reads:
THE MOST INCREDIBLE THING
The complete ballet score
performed by Pet Shop Boys
with the Wrocław Score Orchestra
conducted by Dominic Wheeler
Orchestrations by Sven Helbig
Cover illustration by Farrow. Original paper-cut by Hans Christian Andersen in the collection of Odense City Museums, Denmark, copyright The Hans Christian Andersen Museum.
Mixed at Acton Marina, London.
Orchestra recorded by Teldexstudio Berlin in the Concert Hall of Polish Radio, Wrocław, Poland.
Published by Cage Music/Sony ATV Music.
℗ 2011. The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Pet Shop Boys Partnership Ltd under exclusive licence to EMI Records Ltd.
© 2011 Pet Shop Boys Partnership Ltd under exclusive licence to EMI Records Ltd.
© 2011 EMI Records Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 50999 0 71692 2 9
- Barcode (Scanned): 5099907169229
- Label Code: LC0299
- Rights Society: SDRM/BIEM
- Other (Category, CD1): 5099907169427
- Other (Category, CD2): 5099907169724
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): 2100002984440 0716942
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): 2100002984457 0716972
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1, 2 - CD1): IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code (Variants 1, 2 - CD1): IFPI 9R89
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1, 2 - CD2): IFPI LK97
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1 - CD2): IFPI 9R74
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2 - CD2): IFPI 9R43
|5099907169229, 071 6922||Tennant/Lowe*||The Most Incredible Thing (2xCD, Album)||Parlophone, Parlophone||5099907169229, 071 6922||Australia||2011|
|5099902655024||Tennant/Lowe*||The Most Incredible Thing (2xCD, Album)||Parlophone, Gala Records||5099902655024||Russia||2011|
|5099909734227||Tennant/Lowe*||The Most Incredible Thing (2xCD, Album, Unofficial)||Parlophone||5099909734227||Russia||2011|
|5099909734227||Tennant/Lowe*||The Most Incredible Thing (2xCD, Album)||Gold Typhoon, Parlophone||5099909734227||Taiwan||2011|
|TOCP-71058·59||Tennant/Lowe*||The Most Incredible Thing (2xCD, Album)||Parlophone, EMI Music Japan Inc||TOCP-71058·59||Japan||2011|