A little instrumental tune by JJ Cale from the 1982 Album Grasshopper.
Grasshopper is a 1982 album by J. J. Cale. It was his seventh since his debut in 1972. After recording five albums in the seventies, Cale moved from Nashville to California and released Shades in 1981. Produced by Audie Ashworth, the album, like the majority of Cale’s releases, was not a commercial success, although the Oklahoma singer-songwriter had a loyal cult following among fans and fellow musicians.
The seventh album of revered . Cale, Grasshopper (1982) continues where he left off with his previous album Shades: tight, stripped-down country rock but with an increased energy level. Some even call the album Pop, which isn't so strange when listening to songs like "City Girls" and "Nobody But You" (the latter which incorporates an amazingly infectious horn section). Cale doesn't disappoint with Grasshopper, taking his solid recognizable sound one step further into the eighties
Cale – Grasshopper (City Girls, Devil In Disguise and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. A new version of Last. Overview (current section).
Cale drifts toward a more pop approach on this album, starting with the lead-off track, "City Girls," which could almost but not quite be a hit single. The usual blues and country shuffle approach is in effect, but Audie Ashworth's production is unusually sharp, the playing has more bite than usual, and Cale, whose vocals are for the most part up in the mix, sounds more engaged.
Album · 1982 · 14 Songs. Breezin' at the Cafe (Live). Live In San Diego (With Special Guest JJ Cale).
Cale - 14 Tracks - 34:46. Release date 01/23/1989. Does Your Mama Like To Reggae. View all. In Session.
Listen to Grasshopper by . Cale - Christine Lakeland, Composers: . Cale - Christine Lakeland. 10. A Thing Going On.
J. Cale - Grasshopper. Bitrate (quality): 192256320.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Electric Piano – David Briggs
|A2||Devil In Disguise||2:03|
|A3||One Step Ahead Of The Blues
Piano – David Briggs Synthesizer – Mike Lawler
|A4||You Keep Me Hangin' On||3:30|
Congas – Jim Karstein*Guitar [Gut String] – J.J.*Organ – Christine LakelandTambourine – Bill Boatman
|A6||Can't Live Here||2:15|
Drums – Karl HimmelSteel Drums – Robert Greenidge
|B3||A Thing Going On
Organ – Christine Lakeland
|B4||Nobody But You
Horns – Denis Solee
|B6||Does Your Mama Like To Reggae||3:45|
Congas – Farrell MorrisVibraphone – Farrell Morris
- Published By – Intersong Music Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Audigram Inc.
- Mastered At – The Sound Clinic
- Backing Vocals – Christine Lakeland (tracks: A2, B2, B6)
- Bass – Charles Dungey (tracks: B7), Nick Rather (tracks: A5, B3 to B5), Tom Cogbill* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, A6, A7, B6)
- Drums – Bill Boatman (tracks: A2, A5, B3, B5), Gary Allen (tracks: B4), Karl Himmel (tracks: B7), Ken Buttrey* (tracks: A1, A3, A4, A6, B6)
- Electric Guitar – Christine Lakeland (tracks: A5, B4), J.J.* (tracks: A1 to A7, B2 to B7), Reggie Young (tracks: A1), Steve Gibson (tracks: A3, A6, B6)
- Engineer – Audie Ashworth (tracks: A7), Chad Hailey (tracks: A2, A5, B3 to B5), Chip Young (tracks: B7), J.J.* (tracks: B1), Rick Horton (tracks: A3), Ron Reynolds (tracks: A1, A4, A6, B2)
- Guitar – Christine Lakeland (tracks: B3), J.J.* (tracks: B1)
- Mastered By – Jerry Watson
- Mixed By – Chad Hailey (tracks: A5, A6, B4), J.J.* (tracks: A2, A7, B1, B3, B5, B7), Ron Reynolds (tracks: A1, A3, A4, B2)
- Organ – Bobby Emmons (tracks: A1, A3, A4, A6, B6)
- Producer – Audie Ashworth, J.J. Cale
- Rhythm Guitar – John Christopher* (tracks: A1, A4, A6, B6)
- Vocals – J.J.* (tracks: A1 to A6, B1 to B6)
- Written-By – J.J. Cale (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to A7, B1 to B7), Roger Tillison (tracks: A3)
|ISA 5022||J.J. Cale||Grasshopper (LP, Album)||Shelter Records||ISA 5022||UK||1982|
|6302 177||J.J. Cale||Grasshopper (LP, Album, RE)||Mercury||6302 177||Italy||Unknown|
|6302 177||J.J. Cale||Grasshopper (LP, Album)||Mercury||6302 177||France||1982|
|800 038-2||J.J. Cale||Grasshopper (CD, Album, RE)||Mercury||800 038-2||Canada||Unknown|
|25PP-46||J.J. Cale||Grasshopper (LP, Album)||Mercury||25PP-46||Japan||1982|