Don't Call Me Buckwheat.
Выгодные цены без комиссий! Бронируйте отели онлайн на Booking.
Don't Call Me Buckwheat. After almost ten years away from recording, New York's Garland Jeffreys - best known for his 1977 album Ghost Writer - has made a remarkable return with Don't Call Me Buckwheat. Jeffreys spent most of the time off coming to terms with his mixed-race background, and this thematically consistent disc could easily serve as a primer on the complexity of race relations in North America
Don't Call Me Buckwheat is the eighth solo album by Garland Jeffreys. It was released in 1991 by BMG Records. The lead Single Hail Hail Rock n Roll reached number 12 on the german Singles chart and spent 24 weeks on that chart. Becoming his first hit after nearly 13 years. Famous dutch director Anton Corbijn made the cover photography of the album and he directed the video for Hail Hail Rock n Roll which was played on heavy rotation on MTV Europe. All tracks composed by Garland Jeffreys.
Don't Call Me Buckwheat, 2011. Moonshine In the Cornfield, 01:03. Welcome to the World, 04:08. Don't Call Me Buckwheat, 04:19. Hail Hail Rock 'n' Roll, 03:53.
We ask you to make a distinction between a complaint and cancellation. We try to assess the exact condition of the goods as objectively as possible. Pre-owned: lowest price.
Garland Jeffreys Lyrics Hail Hail Rock 'n' RollLyrics. Mojim Lyrics Americas singers Garland Jeffreys Don't Call Me Buckwheat. Don't Call Me Buckwheat 】. Album songs： . ail Hail Rock 'n' Roll. Album list Truth Serum.
Don't call me. This is a song about words The power of words Well, it takes place In a big city With a very small mind. Don't call me buckwheat Don't call me eightball Don't call me jig jig jig jig. Watch that word Don't call me Sambo 'Cause it hurts And that ain't nice And it sticks like white on rice. In 1976 you called my girlfriend a nigger lover In 1966 you washed my face in the Mississippi mud In 1956 you tore my pages from the history book In 1946 you left my uncle on the chain gang Don't call me buckwheat. Don't call me buckwheat Don't call me eightball Don't call me nig nig nig nig. Watch that word Don't call me Sambo Don't call me coonskin Don't call me mulanyan Don't call me spook spook spook spook spook spook spook Don't call me Johnny O'Darkie Don't call me buckwheat (4x). Teile diesen Songtext.
Garland Jeffreys (born 1943, Brooklyn, New York) is a part African-American, and Puerto Rican American, singer and songwriter, transversing the musical genres of rock and roll, reggae, blues and soul.
Garland Jeffreys, Don’t Call Me Buckwheat. As the artist behind those projects, did that kind of reception affect how you approached projects, like adding extra pressure for even higher integrity or creative achievement on each project?
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Moonshine In The Cornfield
Bass Vocals – Joe MennonnaVocals – Vaneese Thomas
|2||Welcome To The World
Guitar – Chinna Smith*Piano – Handel TuckerVocals – Vaneese Thomas
|3||Don't Call Me Buckwheat
Guitar – G.E. SmithVocals – Vaneese Thomas
Guitar – Chinna Smith*Percussion, Other [Reggae Consultation] – Sly Dunbar
|5||Hail Hail Rock 'N' Roll
Guitar – Vernon Reid
|6||I Was Afraid Of Malcolm
Guitar – Vernon Reid
|7||Bottle Of Love||3:56|
Guitar – G.E. SmithSynthesizer – Michael Brecker
Guitar – G.E. Smith
Percussion – Robbie Ameen*Saxophone – Bob FranceschiniTrombone – Jaimie Ramos, Ozzie MelendezTrumpet – Raymond Vega*Vocals – Claudette Sierra, Deborah Resto
Drums – J.T. LewisGuitar – Steve Love
Drums – Sly DunbarGuitar – Chinna Smith*Saxophone – Michael Brecker
|13||I'm Not A Know It All
Backing Vocals – Joe Mennonna
- Arranged By [Assistant], Piano, Organ – Paul Griffin
- Backing Vocals – Diva Gray, Gordon Grody, Janice Pendarvis, Porter Carroll, Robin Clark
- Bass Guitar – Jay Leonhart, Robbie Shakespeare
- Cello – Eugene Moye, Jesse Levy
- Co-producer, Arranged By, Keyboards, Drum Programming, Piano, Organ, Synthesizer, Bass, Accordion, Harmonica, Saxophone, Trombone, Guitar, Melodica, Horns, Strings – Joe Mennonna
- Drums – Steve Jordan
- Drums, Tambourine – Bernard Purdie
- Edited By – Scott Hull
- Electric Guitar – Alan Freedman, Hugh McCraken*
- Engineer – Alex Haas, Steve Boyer
- Engineer [Additional] – Wayne Warnecke
- Engineer [Assistant] – Aaron Kropf, Ben Fowler
- Keyboards, Synthesizer, Sequenced By – Jeff Bova
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Mixed By – Bruce Lampcov
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Katherine "The Great" Miller*
- Organ, Other [Dub Housing] – Sidney Mills
- Other [Production Administrator] – Janice Soled
- Piano, Organ, Synthesizer – Handel Tucker
- Producer [Coordinator], Backing Vocals – Jill Dell'Abate
- Producer, Arranged By, Written-By, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Garland Jeffreys
- Violin – Carol Pool, Elliot Rosoff, Heidi Iden Carney, Jean Ingraham, Karen Karlsrud, Kathryn Kienke
- Voice – Deborah Resto
|PL 90588||Garland Jeffreys||Don't Call Me Buckwheat (LP, Album)||RCA||PL 90588||Europe||1991|
|74321 33070 2||Garland Jeffreys||Don't Call Me Buckwheat (CD, Album)||RCA, BMG International||74321 33070 2||Europe||1991|
|PL 90588||Garland Jeffreys||Don't Call Me Buckwheat (LP, Album)||RCA||PL 90588||Spain||1991|
|RCA(L) 1164||Garland Jeffreys||Don't Call Me Buckwheat (LP, Album)||RCA||RCA(L) 1164||South Africa||1991|
|PK 90588||Garland Jeffreys||Don't Call Me Buckwheat (Cass, Album)||RCA||PK 90588||Europe||1991|