Artist: Climax Blues Band Album: Stamp Album Song: Loosen Up Year: 1975.
Listen free to Climax Blues Band – Stamp Album (Using The Power, Mr. Goodtime and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
The Climax Blues Band (originally known as The Climax Chicago Blues Band) is a British blues rock band. The band was formed in Stafford, England, in 1967 by vocalist and harmonica player Colin Cooper (1939–2008), guitarist and vocalist Pete Haycock (1951–2013), guitarist Derek Holt (b. 1949), bassist and keyboardist Richard Jones (b. 1949), drummer George Newsome (b. 1947), and keyboardist Arthur Wood (1929–2005).
In 1970 the Climax Chicago Blues Band moved to the Harvest label, at the same time shifting toward a more rock-oriented sound on the LP A Lot of Bottl. Released in 1975, Stamp was their commercial breakthrough, and 1976's Gold Plated fared even better, spurred on by the success of the hit "Couldn't Get It Right. However, the rise of punk effectively stopped the Climax Blues Band in their tracks, although they continued recording prolifically well into the 1980s; after 1988's Drastic Steps, the group was silent for a number of years, but resurfaced in 1994 with Blues from the Attic.
Nom du groupe Climax Blues Band. Nom de l'album Stamp Album. Date de parution 1975. Labels Chrysalis Records. Style MusicalBlues Rock. Membres possèdant cet album0.
But Stamp Album shows a band that has tastefully matured. With seven albums behind them before this LP, Climax Blues Band finally enjoyed a brush with commercial success with minor hits "Using the Power" and "I am Constant. Both are decent tracks, but really the album features much better material, namely "Mr Goodtime," "Running Out of Time," and the instrumental "Cobra
Album by Climax Blues Band. Rusty Nail/The Devil Knows. Loosen Up. Spirit Returning.
Using the Power, 04:30. Manfred Mann's Earth Band Blinded By the Light. Led Zeppelin Rock and Roll.
|A1||Using The Power||4:28|
|A3||I Am Constant||3:05|
|A4||Running Out Of Time||5:21|
|B2||Rusty Nail/The Devil Knows||4:13|
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sire Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sire Records, Inc.
- Marketed By – ABC Records, Inc.
- Published By – Bleu Disque Music Co., Inc.
- Produced For – AIR (London) Productions Ltd.
- Designed At – Wonder Graphics
- Bass, Vocals – Derek Holt
- Design [Coordinator] – Toni J. Wadler
- Design [Illustration] – James Flournoy Holmes
- Drums, Percussion, Vocals – John Cuffley
- Engineer – Alan Varner, Clearmountain*, Geoff Emerick, Godfrey Diamond, Ron Saint Germain*
- Executive Producer – Richard Gottehrer
- Guitar, Vocals – Peter Haycock*
- Keyboards, Bass, Guitar, Vocals – Richard Jones
- Mastered By – R. F. Janos* (tracks: A1-A4)
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Lee Marshall
- Producer – Climax Blues Band
- Tenor Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute, Vocals – Colin Cooper
NotesGatefold with textured cover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): SASD-7507-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): SASD-7507-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched): SASD-7507-A 1 B R.F. JANOS A4 S2
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched): SASD-7507-B- 1 B A8 TAKI 183 S1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched [variant 2]): T1 SASD-7507-B-2 "Splicer"
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched [variant 2]): T1 SASD-7507-B-2 "R.F. Janos"
- Matrix / Runout (Side A variant etched [variant 3]): SASD 7507-AX RFJANOS
- Matrix / Runout (Side B variant etched [variant 3]): SASD-7507-B TAKI 182
|BTM 1004||Climax Blues Band||Stamp Album (LP, Album)||BTM Records||BTM 1004||UK||1975|
|SASD-7507||Climax Blues Band||Stamp Album (LP, Album, Promo, Gat)||Sire||SASD-7507||US||1975|
|SR6016||Climax Blues Band||Stamp Album (LP, Album, RE, Gat)||Sire||SR6016||US||1980|
|SASD-7507||Climax Blues Band||Stamp Album (LP, Album, Promo)||Sire||SASD-7507||US||1975|
|9147-7507||Climax Blues Band||Stamp Album (LP, Album, Gat)||Sire||9147-7507||Canada||1975|