Shop Vinyl and CDs and complete your Mark Isham collection. Genre: Electronic, Stage & Screen. Style: New Age, Score, Ambient. Windham Hill Records.
By: Mark Isham (1989, Electronic). More albums from Mark Isham: Billy Bathgate (Music From The Original Soundtrack) by Mark Isham. Black Mirror – Arkangel by Mark Isham. Dolphin Tale by Mark Isham. Crossing Over (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Mark Isham. A River Runs Through It by Mark Isham. Running Scared (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Mark Isham. Crash: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Mark Isham. Warrior by Mark Isham. View all albums . Tibet. By: Mark Isham (1989, Electronic).
Album · 1989 · 5 Songs. Listen on Apple Music.
Mark Isham is a studio album by American musician Mark Isham, released in 1990 by Gold Rush. It received the Grammy Award for Best New Age Album at the 33rd Grammy Awards in 1991. All tracks composed by Mark Isham; except where indicated. I Never Will Know" (Tanita Tikaram). An Eye on the World". Blue Moon" (Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers). Toward the Infinite White". Songs of the Flying Fish" (Isham, David Torn).
Mark Isham handles the task tastefully and tactfully. He uses Japanese haiku as a basis for rhythm and repetition. The only ethnic instrument is the bamboo flute. This is not Tibetan music, but it does evoke imagery of the Himalayas and "the place where the earth and the heavens meet. The atmospheres are subtle and mysterious.
Filed under Post-Fusion Contemporary By MARK ISHAM.
- Distributed By – A&M Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Windham Hill Productions Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Windham Hill Records
- Copyright (c) – Windham Hill Records
- Published By – Earl-Tones Music
- Published By – Lost Lake Arts Music
- Recorded At – Earl-Tones Studio
- Recorded At – Producers Studio
- Mixed At – Mad Hatter Studios
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar – Peter Maunu
- Arranged By [Brass Arangements], Bass Trombone – Ken Kugler
- Art Direction, Artwork [Concept] – Anne Robinson
- Design [Graphic Design] – Candace Upman
- Electric Bass – Doug Lunn
- Electric Guitar, Guitar [Spatula] – David Torn
- Executive-Producer – Fritz Kasten
- Flute [Bamboo] – Bill Douglass
- French Horn – Jean Roth, Richard Todd
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By – Ben Rodgers*, Mark Isham
- Percussion [Acoustic And Electronic], Gong [Paiste Gongs] – Kurt Wortman
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Amy Etra
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Galen Rowell
- Producer, Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Trumpet [Perkiphone], Gong [Paiste Gongs], Electronics, Composed By, Arranged By – Mark Isham
- Recorded By – Ben Rodgers*, Stephen Krause
- Technician [Digital Assembly And Sequencing] – Stewart Whitmore
- Trombone [Tenor] – Kim Scharnberg
- Voice – Tom Sassa
Notes© ℗ 1989 Windham Hill Records
All Rights Reserved.
Printed in the USA.
Published by Earle-Tones Music (ASCAP)/Lost Lake Arts Music (ASCAP).
Administered by Lost Lake Arts Music (ASCAP).
Digital Assembly and Sequencing at A&M Studios, Hollywood, CA.
The music on this recording was composed and arranged for the Windham Hill video, "Tibet". It provides a look at the place called the "Roof Of The World", where the heavens and the earth meet, and where centuries old rhythms continue. It is a brief glimpse of vast stretches of empty, high plains and snowcapped peaks. The monasteries and the monks who live there are the last of an ever diminishing religious culture which has no parallel in the West.
The Windham Hill video "Tibet", eighth in the series of Windham Hill videos, is available on LaserDisc from Pioneer Artists and on videocassette from Paramount Home Video.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 019341108016
|WD-1080||Mark Isham||Tibet (CD, Album)||Windham Hill Records||WD-1080||US||1989|
|WD-1080||Mark Isham||Tibet (CD, Album, RE)||Windham Hill Records||WD-1080||US||Unknown|
|WH-91080||Mark Isham||Tibet (LP, Album)||Windham Hill Records||WH-91080||Canada||1989|
|01934 11080-2||Mark Isham||Tibet (CD, Album)||Windham Hill Records||01934 11080-2||Germany||1989|
|WT-1080||Mark Isham||Tibet (Cass, Album, Chr)||Windham Hill Records||WT-1080||US||1989|