Авторы текста и музыки.
The Party by Andy Shauf, released 20 May 2016 1. The Magician 2. Early To The Party 3. Twist Your Ankle 4. Quite Like You 5. Begin Again 6. The Worst In You 7. To You 8. Eyes Of Them All 9. Alexander All Alone 10. Martha Sways.
Previously on NewAlbumReleases. net: October 22, 2013 - Andy Shauf – B-sides (2013).
Andy Shauf – The Party. Genre: Rock, Pop, Folk, World, & Country. referencing The Party, LP, Album, 7456-1. This is a sublime baroque pop record. Stellar tunes, great songwriting and Andy Shauf plays almost everything himself. This 180 gram vinyl pressing is also top notch. Reply Notify me Helpful.
The third album by Saskatchewan's Andy Shauf sets after-hours stories to a doleful ‘60s songwriter vibe. Shauf plays the wallflower at his titular party, watching the guests' movements: The Magician whose tricks fail, the girl dancing on her own on Eyes of Them All. He has an acute eye for uneasy social interactions, and captures them beautifully with off-kilter takes on classic ‘60s pop: the loose guitar on The Worst in You, and kitschy horns on Quite Like You. The Party Andy Shauf. The third album by Saskatchewan's Andy Shauf sets after-hours stories to a doleful ‘60s songwriter vibe. Shauf plays the wallflower at his titular party, watching the guests' movements: The Magician whose tricks fail, the girl dancing on her own on Eyes of Them All
The Party' by Andy Shauf is out 5/20 on ANTI- Records (Arts & Crafts in Canada). com and receive the first track, "The Magician," instantly. Producers Andy Shauf. More Andy Shauf albums. Show all albums by Andy Shauf.
Andy Shauf is a Canadian singer-songwriter from Regina, Saskatchewan. He plays several instruments, including clarinet. Shauf was born in Estevan, Saskatchewan, grew up in Bienfait, and later moved to Regina. He played Christian music with his parents. Shauf was a drummer in the Christian pop punk band Captain until 2006.
On his new album The Party, Andy Shauf puts himself in that exact position, as he crafts a series of connected vignettes that offer up tiny observations from a single night. Throughout the record's 10 songs, Shauf sings with a wallflower's remove and knowing specificity
After receiving a small-scale Canadian release in 2012, the album went on to make critical waves three years later thanks to a reissue by American indie Tender Loving Empire. Just over a year later comes The Party, another hyper-detailed set of literate indie pop songs produced and almost entirely performed by Shauf. The ten loosely conceptual vignettes revolve around the characters at a party, presumably in the microcosm of small-town Saskatchewan
9. Release date: 20 May 2016. It was of some surprise to learn that the third record from Canadian crooner Andy Shauf was to be based on a party. Whilst a connection is often made to his influence Elliott Smith, Shauf’s Saskatchewan voice is smoother round the edges, and in The Party he uses it as an instrument with his childlike do-do-do-do s in songs such as Twist Your Ankle and The Magician. Indeed, the overall tone of the record is generally more innocent and upbeat than Bearer, making the darker moments of reflection all the more pronounced
|A2||Early To The Party||4:06|
|A3||Twist Your Ankle||3:47|
|A4||Quite Like You||3:26|
|B6||The Worst In You||2:56|
|B8||Eyes Of Them All||3:55|
|B9||Alexander All Alone||4:00|
- Copyright (c) – Andy Shauf
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Andy Shauf
- Licensed To – Arts & Crafts Productions Inc.
- Recorded At – Studio One Recording
- Recorded At – Castle Röhrsdorf
- Mixed At – Banner Mountain Studios
- Mastered At – Bova Lab Studio
- Mastered At – Salt Mastering
- Published By – Songs Of The Mothership
- Illustration – Meghan Fenske
- Layout – Josh Daignault
- Mastered By – Philip Shaw Bova
- Mixed By – Noah Georgeson
- Photography By – Chris Graham
- Recorded By – Andy Shauf
- Strings – Colin Nealis
- Written-By, Performer, Arranged By, Producer – Andy Shauf
NotesIncludes a printed inner sleeve, a fold-out poster and a download code.
© 2016 ℗ 2016 Andy Shauf under exclusive license to Arts & Crafts Productions Inc.
Recorded at Studio One in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Mixed at Banner Mountain Studio in Los Angeles, California.
Mastered at Bova Lab in Ottawa, Ontario.
Additional recording at Castle Röhrsdorf in Dresden, Germany.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 27590 11711 2
- Matrix / Runout: 87456 A
- Matrix / Runout: 87456 B Salt
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|7456-2||Andy Shauf||The Party (CD, Album, Dig)||Anti-||7456-2||Netherlands||2016|
|87456-2P||Andy Shauf||The Party (CD, Album, Promo)||Anti-||87456-2P||US||2016|
|A&C117||Andy Shauf||The Party (CD, Album)||Arts & Crafts||A&C117||Canada||2016|
|87456-1||Andy Shauf||The Party (LP, Album)||Anti-||87456-1||US||2016|
|87456-2||Andy Shauf||The Party (CD, Album)||Anti-||87456-2||US||2016|