Infidels is the 22nd studio album by American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, released on October 27, 1983 by Columbia Records. Produced by Mark Knopfler and Dylan himself, Infidels is seen as his return to secular music, following a conversion to Christianity, three evangelical, gospel records and a subsequent return to a less religious lifestyle.
After a three-album foray into Christian music, Bob Dylan sounds rejuvenated on this 1983 powerhouse. While haunting biblical imagery peppers the aching pop of Jokerman, the rocking Neighborhood Bully details Israeli conflicts in the Middle East, and blues-charger Union Sundown scorns America’s outsourcing of jobs. Dylan’s heart opens on the love-addict’s ballad Don’t Fall Apart on Me Tonight, and Sweetheart Like You unfolds in bittersweet barroom pickup lines. His on-point band here includes Dire Straits guitarist Mark Knopfler and heroic reggae rhythm section Sly Dunbar and Robbie.
By: Bob Dylan (1983, Rock). Deep Dylan – Das Beste Aus Der Legendären Bootleg-Series by Bob Dylan. The Complete Album Collection Vol. One by Bob Dylan. Christmas In The Heart by Bob Dylan. Live 1975 (The Rolling Thunder Revue) by Bob Dylan. World Gone Wrong by Bob Dylan. Live 1966 (The Royal Albert Hall Concert) by Bob Dylan. Empire Burlesque by Bob Dylan. View all albums . Infidels. By: Bob Dylan (1983, Rock).
In terms of genre, Infidels can only be considered folk in the broadest sense.
Bob Dylan "Infidels" (1983) album. Sweetheart Like You Lyrics. 10. The Original Mono Recordings.
Infidels Released 10/2783. Bob Dylan - Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards Sly Dunbar - Drums, Percussion Robbie Shakespeare - Bass Mick Taylor - Guitar Mark Knopfler - Guitar Alan Clark - Keyboards. Produced By Bob Dylan For "Wreck of the Old 97 Productions" and Mark Knopfler for Chariscourt, LTD. Recorded By Neil Dorfsman Engineered by Josh Abbey Recorded at the Power Station, New York Mixed and Remixed By Ian Taylor Digital Engineer, Frank Dickinson Mastered by Ian Taylor & Bill Kipper at Masterdisc, New York
Bob Dylan is the eponymous debut album of American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, released on March 19, 1962 by Columbia Records (Mono-CL 1779; Stereo-CS 8579). Produced by Columbia's legendary talent scout John H. Hammond, who signed Dylan to the label, the album features folk standards, plus two original compositions, "Talkin' New York" and "Song to Woody".
|2||Sweetheart Like You||4:35|
|4||License To Kill||3:39|
|5||Man Of Peace||6:32|
|7||I And I||5:13|
|8||Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight||5:55|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Produced For – Wreck Of The Old 97 Productions
- Produced For – Chariscourt Ltd.
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Remastered At – Sterling Sound
- Designed At – Skouras Design
- Art Direction – Lane/Donald
- Bass – Robbie Shakespeare
- Drums, Percussion – Sly Dunbar
- Engineer – Josh Abbey
- Engineer [Digital] – Frank Dickinson
- Guitar – Mick Taylor
- Guitar, Harmonica, Keyboards, Vocals, Producer, Written-By – Bob Dylan
- Guitar, Producer – Mark Knopfler
- Keyboards – Alan Clark
- Mastered By – Bill Kipper
- Mastered By, Mixed By, Remix – Ian Taylor
- Recorded By – Neil Dorfsman
- Reissue Producer – Steve Berkowitz
- Remastered By – Greg Calbi
- Research [Tape] – Didier Deutsch*
- Vocals – Clyde King* (tracks: 6)
NotesCD and SACD Hybrid release. Comes in digipack.
Originally Released in 1983.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 827969031766
- Barcode (Text): 8 2796-90317-6 6
|QC 38819||Bob Dylan||Infidels (LP, Album, Pit)||Columbia||QC 38819||US||1983|
|none||Bob Dylan||Infidels (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Agat Company Ltd.||none||Russia||Unknown|
|CLS - 5797||Bob Dylan||Infidels (LP, Album, Pit)||Columbia||CLS - 5797||Mexico||1983|
|CBS 460727 1||Bob Dylan||Infidels (LP, Album, RE)||CBS||CBS 460727 1||Europe||Unknown|
|460727 4, COL 460727 4||Bob Dylan||Infidels (Cass, Album)||Columbia, Columbia||460727 4, COL 460727 4||Europe||Unknown|